Monday 14 March 2011

Black Swan


My inspiration for this look came from the recent buzz about the Oscar nominated ballet film Black Swan. Black Swan is described as a pyschological drama and mad horror thriller.

When I got the opportunity to create my own avant garde look I decided to take inspiration from films such as Black Swan and turn it into my own interpretation of a high fashion look.

My model will begin with a base of white foundation across the face and neck. I want all of the intensity to be focused on the eyes; they will be dark and sharp. I think the eyes scream danger, while the red lips with the glitter finish are quite alluring and somewhat sexy.

To complement the red lips, a red contouring powder will be used to create a strong cheekbone.   Red, white and black flowers will be placed at the front of the head in a section of backcombed hair, while feathers will drape over the models shoulders to give the look of feathered shoulder pads. 








No comments:

Post a Comment